( Photo by Stephen Anderson; Design by J. Cole)
Click Here for Previous Covers
Most Recent Articles:
- The Road to Natchez Leads to Rolling River Bistro and 408 Listening Room
- The Southland Music Line’s 2015 Midsummer Tour
- It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll (But We Still Like It) The Rolling Stones Bring Their 2015 Tour to the South
- Wes Lee: A True Disciple of the Blues – A Homecoming to a Listening Crowd
- Rosco Bandana – Finding Themselves
- John Moreland Showcases Latest Album “High On Tulsa Heat” To An Attentive Alabama Audience
- Music Venue Spotlight: Callaghan’s of Mobile, AL – One of the South’s Best Places for Live Music
- The Southland Music Line’s Busy 2015 (so far)
- Delta Reign: A Fan Favorite Delivers A New Album of Pleasing Diversity
- The Road Leads To Birmingham: Sugarcane Jane Opens Show For Steve Winwood
- Banditos: A True Blue American Rock Band (An Article by Robby Amonett)
- The Artist and The Outlaw (Robby Amonett’s Painting of Billy Joe Shaver)
- Why We Love Sugarcane Jane as Told by the Friends & Fans of Sugarcane Jane
- The Southland Music Line Returns to SXSW, Pt. 1
- The Southland Music Line Returns to SXSW, Pt. 2
- A Midwinter’s Night: Lincoln Durham – Live from New Orleans
- 2014: A Year in Music According to The Southland Music Line
- The Best of 2014: Top Albums | Top Live Music Experiences | Top Music Venues of the South (separate lists from Stephen Anderson, Robby Amonett & Johnny Cole* (has extended lists for Top Albums & Top Live Music Experiences)
- 2014: A Year in Music: The Photos of Stephen Anderson
- 2014: A Year in Music: The Music Inspired Art of Robby Amonett
- Willie Sugarcapps: 2014’s Artist of the Year
Spotlight Music of the Month
“Nobody Don’t Know” – The Deluxe Trio
This month’s Spotlight Music of The Month is by a group of musicians (guitarist Steve “Duck” Varnes, bassist Stan Foster and guitarist/mandolinist Phil Proctor ) who form the Mobile, AL based band The Deluxe Trio. These incredible musicians continuously bring joy to their region of loyal music fans with their amazing blend of Americana, bluegrass and inspiring acoustic originals. The album “Nobody Don’t Know” is one we often listen to and have done so since its release a few months ago. We want to thank The Deluxe Trio for the kindness they’ve shown to us; we encourage others to check out their music and entertaining live shows.
Click Here To Purchase Their Music.
Last month’s Spotlight Music
“Something More Than Free” – Jason Isbell
Click Here To Purchase Jason Isbell’s Music.
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
Our August 2015 Music Fan of the Month is Harry Stewart. We recognizing him for being a true music fan and supporter of the Gulf Coast music scene is long overdue. Harry has an abundant and addicting love for music. His knowledge of musicians, bands and music history is one of the best we’ve come across. Above all, we here at The Line, a huge tour busload of musicians, venues and music fans value his friendship and enjoy seeing lots of incredible music together. It’s safe to say, Harry is very much an honorary contributor and part of The Southland Music Line.
Harry Stewart at The Frog Pond at Blue Moon Farm at Silverhill, AL (Photo by MCE Photography)
Click Here Music Fan of the Month Archives
- welcome sign