( Photo by Stephen Anderson; Design by J. Cole)
Click Here for Previous Covers
Most Recent Articles:
- The Southland Music Line 2015: Awards, Top Albums, Shows, Venues according to Johnny, Stephen and Robby (to be posted on Jan. 1, 2016)
- The Southland Music Line 2015: A Year of Travelin’ & Music by Johnny Cole (to be posted in Dec.)
- The Southland Music Line 2015: A Year in Art by Robby Amonett (to be posted in Dec.)
- The Southland Music Line 2015: A Year in Photos by Stephen Anderson (To Be Posted in Dec.)
- Readers Choice Awards 2015 (To Be Posted Dec. 5th)
- 2015 Music Artist of the Year According to The Southland Music Line (To Be Posted Dec.5th)
- James McMurtry Live at The Merry Widow in Mobile, Alabama
- Coastal Noise Goes Live at The Shed with Bluesman Wes Lee
- Baldwin County Public Records: An Indie Label With A Mission For Excellence
- The Bogalusa Blues & Heritage Festival 2015: Another Exciting Year!
- From A Small Mississippi Bayou to the Rest of the World – Jimmy Buffett is Honored by His Birthplace of Pascagoula, MS
- Concert for the Coast: Celebrating Ten Years of Recovery from Hurricane Katrina
- The Road to Natchez Leads to Rolling River Bistro and 408 Listening Room
- The Southland Music Line’s 2015 Midsummer Tour
- It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll (But We Still Like It) The Rolling Stones Bring Their 2015 Tour to the South
- Wes Lee: A True Disciple of the Blues – A Homecoming to a Listening Crowd
Spotlight Music of the Month
“Not Here” – The Pollies
The Pollies most recent album “Not Here” is receiving spectacular reviews for a reason – the simple fact, it’s one of the year’s best albums. “Not Here” is the perfect introduction to those new to this exciting Muscle Shoals, AL band.
Click Here To Purchase Their Music.
Last month’s Spotlight Music
“Long Gone Time” – Kevin Gordon
He’s back! Kevin Gordon is back with his long awaited follow-up to 2012’s “Gloryland”. His latest, “Long Gone Time” (released on September 4th) is another should be addition to your music collection. We had the privilege of seeing Gordon at this year’s SXSW in Austin, TX. The following is some of what we said about him this past March:
“It doesn’t take long after a couple songs performed to know Kevin Gordon isn’t just another singer/songwriter with a guitar – He’s the real deal! The 2012 album “Gloryland” is an amazing piece of artistic work we highly recommend. In fact, anything Gordon has recorded is a must. We could list of series of comparisons, but we would rather others come to their own conclusion. The Line is a fan and looks forward to seeing him again soon.”
Kevin Gordon’s 2012 release “Gloryland”; Kevin Gordon at SXSW in Austin, TX
(Photo by Stephen Anderson)
Click Here To Purchase His Music.
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
The above photo of Steve Hassenplug was taken at his “100th Springsteen show in 32 Years” (from Dec. 2012 in Denver, CO – the sight of his very first Bruuuuce show!)
Steve Hassenplug is the definition of music fan. He has seen Bruce Springsteen more than hundred times since his first Springsteen show in 1980 – making him one of the ultimate fans of The Boss. The first time The Southland Music Line met Steve was at a Hard Working Americans show in Birmingham. AL. The sight of Steve’s Bruce Springsteen concert T-shirt sparked up a conversation and we are glad to have met this highly supportive fan of music.
Click Here Music Fan of the Month Archives
- welcome sign