Click Here for Previous Covers
Most Recent Articles:
- Delta Reign: A Fan Favorite Delivers A New Album of Pleasing Diversity
- The Road Leads To Birmingham: Sugarcane Jane Opens Show For Steve Winwood
- Banditos: A True Blue American Rock Band (An Article by Robby Amonett)
- The Artist and The Outlaw (Robby Amonett’s Painting of Billy Joe Shaver)
- Why We Love Sugarcane Jane as Told by the Friends & Fans of Sugarcane Jane
- The Southland Music Line Returns to SXSW, Pt. 1
- The Southland Music Line Returns to SXSW, Pt. 2
- A Midwinter’s Night: Lincoln Durham – Live from New Orleans
- 2014: A Year in Music According to The Southland Music Line
- The Best of 2014: Top Albums | Top Live Music Experiences | Top Music Venues of the South (separate lists from Stephen Anderson, Robby Amonett & Johnny Cole* (has extended lists for Top Albums & Top Live Music Experiences)
- 2014: A Year in Music: The Photos of Stephen Anderson
- 2014: A Year in Music: The Music Inspired Art of Robby Amonett
- Willie Sugarcapps: 2014’s Artist of the Year
Spotlight Music of the Month
“Banditos” – Banditos
“Banditos” (the Banditos debut album with Bloodshot Records) from one of The Line’s favorite bands was released Tues. May 12th. Their friend and a contributor to The Line, Robby Amonett, recently wrote an article about them. Click Here to read.
Click Here to Purchase Their Music
Last month’s Spotlight Music
“Dirt Road’s End”- Sugarcane Jane
“Dirt Road’s End” is receiving positive reviews for a reason – it provides a window into a much larger picture of who Sugarcane Jane is and which longtime fans already know. For those who have never heard the music of Sugarcane Jane, this is the perfect introduction. “Dirt Road’s End” starts off with the auto-biographical fan favorite, “The Ballad of Sugarcane Jane” and continues down a musical journey of songs: “The Game”, “San Andreas”, “Home Nights”, “Louisiana”, “Pedigree”, “Heartbreak Road”, “Not Another Truck Song”, “Sugar” and finally “Glory Bound”. It’s one musical journey worth repeating over and over.
The album co-produced with legendary Buzz Cason, the famed Americana/Roots music singer-songwriter is being released on his ArenA Recordings / eOne Entertainment. Sugarcane Jane fans will be pleased to hear some familiar tunes, but sounding completely fresh and new. Anthony’s superior skills as a musician and songwriter are fully intact combining a perfect blending of voices with Savana.
Sugarcane Jane’s music is called Organic Music at its Finest – “Dirt Road’s End” lives up to that saying to the fullest!
Click Here to Purchase Their Music.
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
There are fans of music and then – ‘there are fans of music!” Bobby Rayborn is one such person. He keeps with him, at all times, a book that he continuously updates as regards to upcoming concerts. We have had the privilege of attending a substantial number of shows and road trips with Bobby, including ones to Nashville to see Dave Rawlings Machine at The Ryman; Billy Joe Shaver in Maryville, TN; multiple times to Jackson, MS; Birmingham, AL; Tupelo, MS; New Orleans, LA and more. He is the guy that goes to each concert and often purchases the musicians’ complete collection of CDs and has them signed. Bobby is also a major music enthusiast with the ability to spread the word about some of his favorites. When not on the road, he can often be seen greeting customers and visitors at the famous Jack’s by the Tracks in Pascagoula, MS. He is as much part of The Southland Music Line, as well, since he spends so much time with all its contributors. Above all, he’s our friend and we owe him a huge gratitude of thanks and appreciation. (The photo above is Bobby with Billy Joe Shaver; in Tupelo, MS; the one below is with (from left) The Line’s Johnny Cole Savana & Anthony Crawford aka Sugarcane Jane with Bobby. Sugarcane Jane opened the show in Birmingham for Steve Winwood.
Click Here Music Fan of the Month Archives
- welcome sign