( Photo by Stephen Anderson; Design by J. Cole)
Click Here for Previous Covers
Most Recent Articles:
- The Bogalusa Blues & Heritage Festival 2015: Another Exciting Year!
- From A Small Mississippi Bayou to the Rest of the World – Jimmy Buffett is Honored by His Birthplace of Pascagoula, MS
- Concert for the Coast: Celebrating Ten Years of Recovery from Hurricane Katrina
- The Road to Natchez Leads to Rolling River Bistro and 408 Listening Room
- The Southland Music Line’s 2015 Midsummer Tour
- It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll (But We Still Like It) The Rolling Stones Bring Their 2015 Tour to the South
- Wes Lee: A True Disciple of the Blues – A Homecoming to a Listening Crowd
- Rosco Bandana – Finding Themselves
- John Moreland Showcases Latest Album “High On Tulsa Heat” To An Attentive Alabama Audience
- Music Venue Spotlight: Callaghan’s of Mobile, AL – One of the South’s Best Places for Live Music
- The Southland Music Line’s Busy 2015 (so far)
- Delta Reign: A Fan Favorite Delivers A New Album of Pleasing Diversity
- The Road Leads To Birmingham: Sugarcane Jane Opens Show For Steve Winwood
- Banditos: A True Blue American Rock Band (An Article by Robby Amonett)
- The Artist and The Outlaw (Robby Amonett’s Painting of Billy Joe Shaver)
- Why We Love Sugarcane Jane as Told by the Friends & Fans of Sugarcane Jane
Spotlight Music of the Month
“Long Gone Time” – Kevin Gordon
He’s back! Kevin Gordon is back with his long awaited follow-up to 2012’s “Gloryland”. His latest, “Long Gone Time” (released on September 4th) is another should be addition to your music collection. We had the privilege of seeing Gordon at this year’s SXSW in Austin, TX. The following is some of what we said about him this past March:
“It doesn’t take long after a couple songs performed to know Kevin Gordon isn’t just another singer/songwriter with a guitar – He’s the real deal! The 2012 album “Gloryland” is an amazing piece of artistic work we highly recommend. In fact, anything Gordon has recorded is a must. We could list of series of comparisons, but we would rather others come to their own conclusion. The Line is a fan and looks forward to seeing him again soon.”
Kevin Gordon’s 2012 release “Gloryland”; Kevin Gordon at SXSW in Austin, TX
(Photo by Stephen Anderson)
Click Here To Purchase His Music.
Last month’s Spotlight Music
“Record Machine” – Buzz Cason
Buzz Cason has had such a long and impressive career in music and with his latest album “Record Machine” (Plowboy Records) it’s obvious he isn’t slowing down. The “Father of Nashville Rock”; writer of several highly familiar hit songs like “Everlasting Love”; a well known music producer; an author of his own autobiography, and a member of the Rockabilly Hall of Fame and Country Music’s Hall of Fame’s “Poets and Prophets” – proves he is a true music legend. Since receiving our copy of “Record Machine”, it has been played many times. The album also features one our favorites, Anthony Crawford (Sugarcane Jane; Willie Sugarcapps). A great variety of songs and an album we highly recommend!
Michele Fiegenschue fully supports the local Gulf Coast music scene. She can be seen enjoying great music at venues up and down the coast. Being a music fan isn’t new to Michele – A longtime resident of New Orleans provided her ample opportunities to attend shows at such famous venues – The Riverboat President and The Warehouse (Michele, The Line’s Johnny Cole, photographer Stephen Anderson attended several of the same shows, but did not meet until years later). Since moving to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Michele can be seen at Jacks by the Tracks, Murky Waters, The Government Street Grocery and at Alabama’s Callaghans and The Frog Pond at Blue Moon Farm. It must be added that Michele often assist others in getting tickets and awareness of upcoming shows. These and more reasons are why Michele is October’s music fan of the month.
Click Here Music Fan of the Month Archives
- welcome sign