Click Here for new article about Joshua Stephen Ward (to be added this week)
Click Here for Previous Covers
- Music That You Should Definitely Hear in 2020 by Johnny Cole
- Joshua Stephen Ward – Becoming Real by Johnny Cole
- Remembering The Night When Rocky Horror Met The Ramones: Grayson Capps Live 2-10-19 by Johnny Cole
- Libby Rae Watson – Consumed by the Blues by Brenda Germany
- Laurie Anne Armour’s “Led By The Light” Shines Through! by Johnny Cole
- Music Will Find A Way – How Live Music Has Coped with the Coronavirus Crisis of 2020 by Johnny Cole
- The Annual Songwriters Keynote at The Univ. of South Alabama featuring Patterson Hood, Peter Cooper & Will Johnson by Johnny Cole
- Jack’s by the Tracks Looks to the Future by Brenda Germany
- The Lobby Lounge Concert Series – The Krickets Live by Johnny Cole
- Madison Grace – An Evolution of Songs & Style by Johnny Cole
- Mississippi Blues Trail Series – McComb: Summit Street & Bo Diddley by Brenda Germany
- The Peoples Room of Mobile – New Name, Same Listening Experience
WE ARE PRESENTLY UPDATING SEVERAL FEATURES
June’s Spotlight Music
The new single: “These Games” by The Krickets
The Krickets’ latest single is called “These Games” and once again, the talented singing trio, recently featured in The Southland Music Line article “The Lobby Lounge Concert Series – The Krickets Live”, showcases what we love about them. Written by Emily Stuckey, Lauren Spring and Rachel Grubb, the single was produced, mixed and mastered by Lauren and features Emily on lead vocals. During these extraordinary times of quarantining and social distancing, the trio wrote the song via Facebook Messenger and separately recorded their parts at home. Once that was done, everything was sent to Lauren to work her technical magic. The Krickets have an amazing gift for beautiful harmonies and well crafted originals such as “Red Bird” and “Cool Cool Water”. Their latest single, “These Games” continues to prove why they deserve to be recognized by the music industry and more importantly, why their fans can’t get enough of them. It also proves nothing can stop these three talented women from doing what they love. To learn more about the single, visit The Krickets official website by clicking “HERE“.
May’s Spotlight Music
“Led By The Light” by Laurie Anne Armour
A Music Review Extra
“My Most Deadly Sin” The new single by Lauren Murphy
Sexy, sultry, passionate and haunting are just a few of the words to describe Lauren Murphy’s latest single, “My Most Deadly Sin” (released in March 2020). Murphy’s song has the ability to brilliantly and stylistically paint a picture in the listener’s mind. At the same time, “My Most Deadly Sin” is one those songs almost begging to be used in some film noir. Murphy’s single was produced and engineered by the talented Molly Thomas (whose 2019 album topped various lists on The Southland Music Line’s year in review) with technical assistance by Rick Hirsch (owner of H20 studios) and mastered by Ken Rose.
The Southland Music Line once said “Lauren Murphy can always be found delighting audiences everywhere with her inimitable style. In a crowded field of sometimes repetitious musical mediocrity, it’s refreshing to experience Murphy’s gift for originality and soul-stirring performances.” Murphy says her latest song comes from a very deep place in her soul – that clearly becomes evident with the very first listen.
Click Here to Purchase.
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
This month’s Music Fan of the Month is “Jack the Cat”. If anyone has visited The Peoples Room of Mobile in the past several months, they have come to know this very popular cat, which also enjoys great music. He even appears with Jim Pennington (owner of The Peoples Room) in a popular mural in downtown Mobile. Jack has been embraced by both performers and music fans – it’s always a joy seeing him at shows.
Click Here for Music Fan of the Month Archives