Click Here for the article: “The Annual Songwriters Keynote at the Univ. of South Alabama ft. Patterson Hood, Peter Cooper & Will Johnson”. An article by Johnny Cole with photos by Stephen Anderson.
Click Here for Previous Covers
- Laurie Anne Armour’s “Led By The Light” Shines Through! by Johnny Cole
- Music Will Find A Way – How Live Music Has Coped with the Coronavirus Crisis of 2020 by Johnny Cole
- The Annual Songwriters Keynote at The Univ. of South Alabama featuring Patterson Hood, Peter Cooper & Will Johnson by Johnny Cole
- Jack’s by the Tracks Looks to the Future by Brenda Germany
- The Lobby Lounge Concert Series – The Krickets Live by Johnny Cole
- Madison Grace – An Evolution of Songs & Style by Johnny Cole
- Mississippi Blues Trail Series – McComb: Summit Street & Bo Diddley by Brenda Germany
- The Peoples Room of Mobile – New Name, Same Listening Experience
April’s Spotlight Music
“Better Hurry Up” by Caleb Caudle
“A Southern Gothic Masterpiece” – Twangville
“Caleb Caudle takes a gritty road trip in the blistering song ‘Monte Carlo’ – Rolling Stone
“Arguably the singer/songwriter’s finest release – American Songwriter
Click Here To Purchase and Visit His Website
May’s Spotlight Music
“Led By The Light” by Laurie Anne Armour
A Music Review Extra
“My Most Deadly Sin” The new single by Lauren Murphy
Sexy, sultry, passionate and haunting are just a few of the words to describe Lauren Murphy’s latest single, “My Most Deadly Sin” (released in March 2020). Murphy’s song has the ability to brilliantly and stylistically paint a picture in the listener’s mind. At the same time, “My Most Deadly Sin” is one those songs almost begging to be used in some film noir. Murphy’s single was produced and engineered by the talented Molly Thomas (whose 2019 album topped various lists on The Southland Music Line’s year in review) with technical assistance by Rick Hirsch (owner of H20 studios) and mastered by Ken Rose.
The Southland Music Line once said “Lauren Murphy can always be found delighting audiences everywhere with her inimitable style. In a crowded field of sometimes repetitious musical mediocrity, it’s refreshing to experience Murphy’s gift for originality and soul-stirring performances.” Murphy says her latest song comes from a very deep place in her soul – that clearly becomes evident with the very first listen.
Click Here to Purchase.
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
This month’s Music Fan of the Month is “Jack the Cat”. If anyone has visited The Peoples Room of Mobile in the past several months, they have come to know this very popular cat, which also enjoys great music. He even appears with Jim Pennington (owner of The Peoples Room) in a popular mural in downtown Mobile. Jack has been embraced by both performers and music fans – it’s always a joy seeing him at shows.
Click Here for Music Fan of the Month Archives